Help Us Plant Buttonbush Field Trip- Lake Norman
November 17 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pmFree
Our final Lake Norman environmental outreach effort this year will be the island buttonbush planting on November 17, 2018 (Saturday). We will be planting 300 buttonbushes around identified islands where wind and waves are eroding the shorelines. We will meet at the docks at Midway Marina (8693 Highway 150/Terrell, NC) at 9:30 AM. The weather in November is usually quite variable, but here are items we would recommend bringing with you:
- Hooded sweatshirt or similar coat, hat, and work gloves
- Footwear that will keep you dry or that you do not mind getting wet or muddy
- Pants that are waterproof or that you do not mind getting wet and muddy
- A shovel to plant the buttonbushes in holes already dug using a power auger.
The Lake Norman Wildlife Conservationists will provide:
- Water and an assortment of soda
- Lance Crackers, candy bars, cookies, and some fruit
We look forward to seeing you on Nov 17, 2018 (Sat).Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
704-677-3756 (cell phone)