Calling all amateur photographers! North Carolina Wildlife Federation invites you to submit entries for our Second Annual Wildlife Photography Contest from May 1st to July 31st.
Submit your favorite NC photos to share with other North Carolinians and be one of the four winners of our second photography contest. Images should highlight the beauty of North Carolina’s nature and wildlife, in your own backyard or the larger "backyard" of North Carolina’s natural landscapes and creatures.
There will be one $100 winner per category. NCWF will select an additional winner from submissions by those 13 years of age or younger. The 2020 categories are:
- Carolina Critters
- People in Nature
- Scenes of North Carolina
If you caught a gulf fritillary on a passionflower or a blue heron diving toward the water for a meal; a memorable sunset vista from Linville Gorge or a picturesque sunrise on Ocracoke or even a wow-worthy photo of your spouse fly fishing in a local river then we want to see it. Enter today!
Entry donations start at $15 for 9 photos - all proceeds support wildlife habitat conservation and restoration in North Carolina. Entrants who give a gift of $25 or more will receive one year of NCWF membership if they are not already members. Membership includes a subscription to the quarterly NCWF journal where the winning photos will be published (with photo credit, of course!)
No more than three photographs can be entered in each category per person. Color or black and white images are eligible.
- 2020 Photo Categories: Carolina Critters, People in Nature, Scenes of North Carolina
- Photos must be submitted electronically in .jpg or.png format.
- Entries may originate in any format—including but not limited to digital files, digital prints, color transparencies, color prints, or black and white prints—as long as they are submitted as digital files.
- Photos must meet the minimum size of 1500 pixels width or height, or 5 inches width or height at 300 pixels per inch, or 2 MB file size.
- Photos must not exceed the maximum size of 2400 pixels width or height, or 8 inches width or height at 300 pixels per inch, or 11 MB file size.
Please contact Tara Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.