Leave a Wildlife Legacy
Many people have left a gift to North Carolina Wildlife Federation in their will, trust, or retirement plans. No matter the size of your investment, a simple bequest assures a lasting impact on wildlife and habitat for generations to come.
If you have been planning to create or update your will and just haven't gotten around to it, we can help! You can use our free will writing tool to take care of the people, and even the wildlife, you love.
Our staff can also answer any questions you have and help you design a gift that will work for you and your loved ones and help protect North Carolina wildlife. We can show you how you can increase your income, reduce or eliminate capital gains and estate taxes, and receive a significant tax reduction now.
To schedule an appointment or get answers to your questions, contact Dom Canavarro, Development Director, at [email protected] or 919-833-1923. If you have left a gift to NCWF in your will, trust, or retirement plans please share your news with us! We'd like to thank you, understand your wishes, and celebrate your commitment to the cause.
Five easy ways you can be a philanthropist for wildlife:
- Make a gift to NCWF in your will or trust. Find out how easy it is to put wildlife in your plans. Use our free will writing tool to get started.
- Make NCWF a beneficiary of your IRA or other retirement plan. You can consider full, partial or percentage options to benefit wildlife.
- Consider a gift of life insurance that your family has “outgrown” or make NCWF a partial or full beneficiary of your plan.
- Designate NCWF as the beneficiary of your donor advised fund or family foundation. Simply name NCWF as the successor beneficiary or designate NCWF to receive a portion of the funds remaining.
- Build your gift by using real estate and personal property.
A gift to NCWF in your will, trust, or retirement plans proclaims your confidence that we will continue to serve our mission and make a difference for North Carolina’s wildlife, wild places and future generations.
Sample bequest language for gifts to NCWF
A bequest is easy to arrange, will not alter your current lifestyle in any way and can be easily modified to address your changing needs.
As Chair of North Carolina Wildlife Federation’s Wild Lives, Wild Places Legacy Society, I will ensure wildlife and habitat are protected and conserved in North Carolina for generations to come.
Legacy Member Benefits
Welcome packet from NCWF Director of Development Dom Canavarro
Invitations to phone briefings and webinars with NCWF leadership and staff
Subscription to NCWF's quarterly print magazine, Journal
Opportunities to meet with NCWF staff