Careers at NCWF
Working to save North Carolina’s wildlife and outdoor spaces is not for everyone. It takes passion, perseverance, strategy, and most importantly, teamwork. North Carolina Wildlife Federation brings together citizens, outdoor enthusiasts, hunters and anglers, government, and industry to protect North Carolina’s natural resources. Our work happens in the field, through conservation policy, educational engagement and outreach, youth outings, with 1,500 volunteers, in collaboration with other conservation groups, through the courts if needed, and in many other ways. From the Great Smoky Mountains to the Outer Banks, NCWF is made of people who value wildlife and wild places and the many ways to enjoy them.
NCWF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a conservation community that represents and includes all. By doing so, everyone feels welcome and valued as an essential partner in protecting and advocating for habitat and wildlife. Just as ecosystems thrive from diversity, so does NCWF and the cause.
We don’t have anything available right now, but check back regularly to explore open internships.
Communications and Marketing Director
SALARY: $45,000 - $55,000 per year
LOCATION: Charlotte or Raleigh, remote to start
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Philanthropy
The Communications and Marketing Director is a new position at NCWF and is responsible for planning and implementing a wide variety of marketing, media, and outreach and engagement activities to gain attention, coverage, and revenue for NCWF’s mission and work. The Director must be a strong, experienced writer, and have proficiency working with social media and traditional media. The ideal Director is dynamic, experienced, a team player, has a strong work ethic and is self-motivated, with a vision for growing NCWF’s presence online and through traditional media, and understands how to successfully engage people with an interest in conservation and involve them as volunteers, donors, activists, and/or promoters of NCWF’s work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and implement outreach, engagement, and fundraising strategies through
- Create and execute a branding and marketing strategy.
- Write monthly e-newsletters to NCWF donors, activists, partners, and followers.
- Write news releases, blogs, factsheets, call scripts, and other materials.
- Interact with members of the media, building relationships, and pitching stories.
- Work with website designer to keep ncwf.org content fresh, accurate, and compelling.
- Analyze and communicate website data and adjust as necessary to increase visitation
- Manage Google Ad Grants program to continuously optimize for performance.
- Work with program and policy staff to identify newsworthy and compelling stories from
their work to incorporate into marketing, media, and fundraising strategies.
- In partnership with development team, create and implement a corporate sponsorship
program that fully encompasses all outreach and awareness building activities,
opportunities, and events.
- Assist in writing and delivering NCWF direct mail and email fundraising campaigns.
- Create and direct Wildlife Webinars monthly with program staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 3 years of experience in communications, marketing, or public relations, with a
track record of growing an organization’s online presence through social media and SEO
and working effectively with the media.
- Experience creating and building a branding and marketing strategy.
- Impeccable writing, editing, and presentation skills; demonstrating the ability to
communicate information to multiple audiences.
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices and KPIs.
- NCWF values diversity and different voices, and a diverse life experience is a plus.
- Interest in conservation and or/experience working with environmental groups.
- Experience working on conservation policy and advocacy campaigns is a plus.
- Experience designing and hosting webinars.
- Familiarity with Donor Perfect, Constant Contact, Votility, Word Press or similar
- Follows graphic design trends and can apply examples to NCWF’s communication
platforms. Design experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Kate Greiner, NCWF VP of Philanthropy, at
[email protected] by May 1, 2021. No phone calls. Only candidates selected for interviews will be
contacted. Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience. Medical and other